Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Reflection

Reflection

I open my eyes, as I look up, I see her.
She is scared yet motivated by what she once feared,
she brings a presence of innocents, untouched, but only untouched in the mind and the spirit of the heart.
A look of confusion is impressed on her face yet: a vision of understanding succeeds in the soul of her eyes.
She is internally surrounded by deep thoughts, for she does not even have to utter a word because the questions that claw inside of her have not been spoke of or answered.
Nor, can they be answered in this existence, only in the next.
I look at her, I see all the beauty, strength, and goodness that exist in her, but no matter how many times in her life she has been reminded of it, she still can not believe of it.
She has the since to recognize that her past sometimes doesn't let her choose, but, she knows that her endlessness love for life holds the key to her future.
Her thoughts on life and the knowledge she holds deep within her will get her far, but if she might speak of it in this realm of life she might be considered an outcast.
Therefore, she bottles it in and only the precious few will ever truly know her and see through her eyes, and
you can tell, that's okay with her.
Her heart aches for so much in this world and that drains her soul,but she is gracious that she can recognize it, for it reminds her of what really matters.
By this time, I look at her more open eyed, and I can see she's been waiting on a second chance, but we all know, sometimes we can not go back and regain.
This makes her feel not good enough.
A smile overcomes her face, it is of a thought, she realizes if she had that second chance, she would not be where she stands now.
She would never change that for one second of her life.
At this point, she has my full attention.
I look at her intensely, as she gazes up at the sky, as if she could see so much more than everyone else, or at least more than what most could.
Her face illuminated as if God reached down and touched it.
As she brought her head down to meet the never-ending horizon, so did I.
As I peered into the mirror once more, I saw myself.

Written by: Dana (Sienkiewicz) Hunt
2/26/02

Copyright


No comments:

Post a Comment