Wednesday, May 2, 2012

The Eleven Things That Have Changed Since I've Had Children:

1.) I drive a lot slower.

2.) I'm lucky if I am on time for anything (I might not even make it to my destination).

3.) I find myself watching Dora the Explorer and I'm the only one who is watching it.

4.) Taking a shower is a challenge and triumph, forget bathes.

5.) I wait for my husband to come home from work like a child waiting for Santa Clause on Christmas Eve.

6.) The UPS, Mail and Fed Ex people might be my best friends now or my therapist.

7.) I have had to call my parents to rescue me from Wal-Mart because I refused to leave my cart full of stuff, because I have monkeys not children. Taking children to Wal-Mart is like taking them to Disney World minus $1000 dollars in tickets, just groceries.

8.) I never close the bathroom door.

9.) I carry lollipops, an extra diaper and a pair of underwear in my purse (God help me if I smile, sneeze or goodness gracious laugh the wrong way). Hey, I've had 4 children.

10.) My mother placed a curse on me when I was just a wee one, "I hope you have a child just like you", since then she has tried hard to undo the curse. It has not worked!!

11.) Even though I will never be the same since I have had children I'm glad because of that. I am so blessed to have them in my world. I might be a little more crazy and have a few marbles less but I would not change a thing. Besides, they have very creative Parents and we will be so honored to pay them back in the future.

Dana Hunt-Me



No comments:

Post a Comment