Wednesday, May 9, 2012

MYSELF

  Sometimes I wonder why I'm here and for how long. What is my purpose, and how will I know when I find it, or when it finds me. No, I don't live my life around these thoughts, but I do stop and think, do I have years, months, days or just a moment. No one can predict the outcome of ones being.

  I've gathered from my own experience that this world has a lot to offer, but in return has a lot to take. It can open it's arms to love, kindness, friendship, and compassion, yet; turn it's back on you, leaving you in a puddle of hate, heartache, self-remorse, misunderstanding and a loss of humanity. How these actions can stand together is beyond me.

  I want to leave this world knowing that I was ready. That I did what I was suppose to do, loved who I was suppose to love and I was who I was suppose to be. I hope I can full-fill those actions, but this won't be known till I'm gone.

  But there are things I am certain of: That it is often hard to find your place or even yourself in this all so often confusing world, and I can't even begin to tell you how many times I have doubted my own self.

  I know I'm not always right in the feelings I have for myself and what I think of myself. Some say, I cut myself short, I think, I'm just my own worst critic.

  I try to be the best person I can be, even knowing I have messed up in the past and will do so in the future, but my intentions are good.

  It will come down to the end, MYSELF.


               Written by: Dana (Sienkiewicz) Hunt- 2000
                                 All rights reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment