Wednesday, May 9, 2012

The Invisible Mom

  This is only my perception on this..... but I am a stay-at-home-mom of four boys. I run around most of the time with my head not connected correctly to my body (thank God, it is fused on now). I work harder now than at any job I have ever had, and I really do not have time to even cry over spilt milk, really!!

  I am a taxi service, a chief, a nurse, a wife, a reminder, a calender, a sticky note, a maid, a banker, a car detailer, a laundry service, a law enforcer, a butt-wiper, a tissue, a go getter (can I have, can I have)(I want, I want), a Meany, a therapist, a lawn service, the un-fun one and invisible!!

  What happened to MOM?

  I pick up my children at school and instead of a warm welcome from my children; It is "Oh.....I wish it was Dad, is Dad coming home soon, where's Dad, as they sit at the window waiting for Dad's cruiser to pull into the drive-way and out they shoot from the door like a rocket, you'd think Mickey Mouse had just shown up in person, no..it's Super Dad (not that's a bad thing, but?).

   And for a while, I thought it was really cute, but day after day, it has started to wear on me, just like when I haven't changed my clothes in two days. I know, yuck...I just always hope no one notices, my husband hardly notices, probably not a good thing! I'm starting to blend into my surroundings, I'm going for the chameleon look, I guess.

  I also told myself, I would never let myself get this way, and that I would always take time for myself to get ready everyday (make-up, hair, shower, etc.). I do try so very hard to take care of myself, eat right and workout "ghetto style" around the house when I can (hey.... I've lost 20 pounds doing that).

  And my husband wonders why I pass out at 7pm (I'm sure all my medication and a beer or two helps that along too). I was never a night owl to begin with.

  Were did I go?  I'm still here. Hello!

No comments:

Post a Comment