Thursday, September 6, 2012

Rain Drops on the Window.

                                                                                 "All Rights Reserved"
  I would like to take the time to share with you a poem I wrote to my son, Christian, on his First Birthday.

Dear Christian,

                  Rain Drops on the Window

  As children we see things in a different aspect than we do as adults.

  Yesterday, I was driving down the road and looked over my shoulder at my son as he stared out the window. It began to rain and drops of rain began to fall onto the window, and he watched in amazement.

  I began to think to myself about the drops on the window and as a child, how amazed I was with the rain drops on the window. How I use to play games with the rain drops as they crawled across the window, it was a race, which rain drop would make it across the window first.

  As children it was the simple things that intrigued us. I look once again at my son and wondered, what he thought, what he imagined, what he dreamed, what he saw in the rain drops on the window; and he reminded me of the simple gifts in life.

  As adults, how soon we forget about the simple treasures in life, like rain drops on the window. But as adults, we are much like rain drops on the window. The faster we go, the faster the rain drops crawl till they disappear.

  In a child's eyes they never disappear, there is no end to what they can dream, what they can imagine, what they believe and what they can be.

  I believe that as adults, we need to stop and think, put ourselves back in the shoes of children, if just for a moment and remember. We can learn so much from children. And if we just slowed down, we just might see Rain Drops on the Window.

                    Written by: Dana L. Carter        July 8,2004

  To my beautiful son on his first birthday.

  The world is yours to dream..............
                                                                        I Love You - MOM

Dana Hunt-Me                                  "All Rights Reserved"

No comments:

Post a Comment