Monday, September 17, 2012

Mr. Hoover, Is Not The One To Thank!!!

   So today on my Facebook page," What's on your mind",  I wrote; I so love the fact, that my Three Amigos (Logan, Lucas and Abram) love to vacuum. No screaming heard and I love the white noise......... Pure Joy!!!

  This morning I vacuuming the downstairs and when I finished, my boys took turns vacuuming, and like I said, I have no problems listening to the noise of a vacuum.

  So the boys enjoyed themselves for quite some time, while at the same time helping me out, a total plus in my book.

  Lunch time rolled around and we went upstairs to eat. After they finished lunch, they went right back downstairs and revved up the ol' vacuum once again.

  I was finishing up cleaning the kitchen and headed back downstairs. As I came down the stairs I heard a lot of giggling and laughing. There stood, Logan, with the vacuum hose stuck to you know where (clothing still on, thank God).

  First of all, I did not know if I should be mad or pee myself in laughter. It was one of those times as a parent, I just had to step around the corner and gather myself.

  So I discuss with him that this is and was not appropriate, and that he could really, really hurt himself. Okay, Mom, he said.

  So this sparked a curiousity in me. I thought to myself...hummm, I would bet my life on it, that a man created the first vacuum. And, lo and behold, Mr. Herbert Cecil Booth, did.  I so knew it!!



                                                                                


"British inventor Herbert Cecil Booth (1871-1955) is credited with inventing the first vacuum cleaner, which he demonstrated to a royal audience at Buckingham Palace in 1901."Read more: http://www.answers.com/topic/hubert-cecil-booth#ixzz26kdMutJu

No comments:

Post a Comment