Friday, September 21, 2012

I've Just Been Probed.


   It was 2003, and I had to drive my mom to her doctors appointment, with my infant son. To the Gastroenterologist of all places to have a routine colonoscopy.

  We arrived, signed in and waited to be called, they finally announced her name. The nurse walked us down a very long hallway and place us into a recovery room.

  They prepped my mom for the exam, I would also like to add, she requested not to be put asleep, so there was not as much prepping needed. The nurse and doctor were quite surprised, she had to sign a consent, since she requested this. If it had been me, I would rather have my butt knocked out, no pun intended.

  Her turn came around and they rolled her "behind" off. There I sat with my infant son in total boredom. The nurse had left the door open so I could see the people coming and going. I could hear all kinds of groaning and moaning in the recovery rooms of the patients whom just had their exam.

  As I sat there watching wheelchair after wheelchair of the patients who were just released from their recovery rooms. They were so dazed, confused and looked very violated. A look of, what just happened "back there" was expressed in their faces.

  As I said, this hallway was very long and I began to think to myself, as many do in total boredom. You know when you go to amusement parks, how they take a picture of you on some of the rides. Perhaps, they should do this here. Give the patent a balloon-on-a-stick in one hand, a lollipop (one of the big swirly rounded ones) in the other hand and a sign that reads; I've Just Been Probed. Give them a good ol' push down the hallway and click a picture.

  They could offer one free picture at check-out, and, of course, enlargements and additional copy's would be an extra fee, and framing and matting also are available (takes 2-3 weeks to arrive). NOTE TO PATIENTS: This is not covered by any insurances. 

  How wonderful to share this with your friends, family and loved ones. This would also make a great gift for Christmas and/or any special occasions. Magnets, coffee mugs and T-shirts, available at your request (shipping fees apply). The gift that keeps on giving.

  I discussed my thoughts with my mom after her exam, and she laughed her "ASS" off.


                                   

  I can't wait for my probe!!


  Dana Hunt-Me

 

No comments:

Post a Comment