Monday, September 24, 2012

April Fools

  It was April 1, 2006 and I was running late for a very important date, my wedding. There I sat at the beauty salon and time ticked-tocked away. My nerves were a mess and got messier every moment that went by; because we were running behind. Even some of my bridesmaids and my mom were also getting antsy. It was as if we had no where to be to the people at the beauty salon.

  I believe it was about three o'clock when we left the salon and my wedding was to start at four o'clock. So we all jumped into our vehicles and sped off, with about a 20 minute drive ahead of us and still had to get dressed.
 
  We made it half-way to our destination with me being the lead driver. I was cutting down back country roads and we all had the pedal to the metal. I had looked up in my rear view mirror and there I saw BLUE and RED lights behind me (Really, of all days). So there I sat with a veil on my head, pulled-over on the side of the road. As my bridesmaids sped by honking their horns and cheering me on. 

  The Sheriff's Deputy sat in her car from quite sometime. So I finally stuck my head out the window and pointed to my veil. She got out of her cruiser laughing. She of course said as they all do, "Do know how fast you were going?" "Fast", I said, and "I'm late to my own wedding". She smiled and said, "Well, if you do not slow it down you won't make it there." I replied, "If I do not get there, I'll still be toast, because I'm marrying a Sheriff"s Deputy. She laughed again and said, "Well, you all just be careful and keep it under 100 mph." and that went for my bridesmaids that were pulled-over in front waiting on me. I also invited The Sheriff's Deputy to my reception after her shift.

  So we finally made to the hotel, and you never saw bridesmaids put a wedding dress on someone so fast. Into the limo we all piled in and off to the church we went. The groomsmen had to put, Jeff, in a back room because he was beside himself, since we were so late. With a flask of Wild Turkey, might I add ( I could have used a shot myself or 10).

  Needless to say, we made it to the altar and how beautiful the wedding was and the reception was absolutely amazing and so fun. Jeff and I still talk about it, as do others, and we would love to do it all over again. And, being pull-over made a great conversational piece throughout the night.

APRIL FOOLS, NO JOKE!!!!


Dana Hunt- Me

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment