Monday, April 30, 2012

The Ten Things That Have Made Me A Stronger Person:

The Ten Things That Have Made Me A Stronger Person:

*1.) Being a single mother with my first son, Christian.
*2.) Learning that during our third pregnancy the baby might have Trisomy 18 and might not make it past birth.
*3.) Being put in an office room and told that we might want to consider aborting our 4th son (Never ever was that an option for us, we just had to have faith and hope, we left it in God's hands). Abram is here and healthy!!
* 4.) Being a mother of four boys, five if you count my husband.
* 5.) Having twins, let me say that once again, HAVING TWINS!!
* 6.) Having to use Food Stamps and WIC when I was a single mother. I would go on my lunch breaks and sneak into grocery stores where I thought no one would recognize me because I was embarrassed (I wish now, I was bolder), I even worked for The Department of Health and Human Resources then (Makes you go...Huh???)
* 7.) Being extremely bullied in Elementary School (Bullying is NOT cool).
* 8.) Being NOT a victim but a survivor of physical, mental and sexual abuse growing up.
* 9.) My first heartbreak.
* 10.) My Mom, My Dad, My Brother, My Children, My Husband, My Leah, My Friends. Thanks you all for supporting me and being a part of my life, I Love You.

***Some of the biggest life lessons I've learned have been hard; but it has made me appreciate life so much more and has made me stronger because of it. I would not change a thing. Dana Hunt- Me

1 comment:

  1. Thank you all for all your likes and comments to my recent post. I did this because I wanted to let people know, you can take something not so good and turn it into something beautiful; and when something wonderful comes your way hold on tight. We so often take things for granted (so do I) but when I can get real with myself it puts me back on track!! Thanks again. Dana-Me

    ReplyDelete