Monday, April 30, 2012

Happy Place

Happy Place
Written by: Dana Hunt

I’ve been to some beautiful places in my time and have encountered amazing sights; but when someone tells me to find my happy place it is always the same.
I find myself grounded to a rock high on a mountaintop, I can feel the birds swirling above me, and for a second I am envious of them. I want to feel the air beneath my wings and see their view. I come back from my high to see two beautiful rivers emerge as one. I can feel the wind through the trees; I can hear them as if they are talking to me. I wish they could for they could speak of so much. I can see a town with so much history and I can feel the rumble of the train as it makes it’s way through the tunnel.
I have been to some beautiful places in my time and have encountered amazing sights; but for me it will only be one place; Maryland Heights.

No comments:

Post a Comment