Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Aren't You Glad, There Is Not Two More Of Those!!

   I picked up my oldest son from school (earlier than expected), due to a tummy ache.  (**Note:.... With my three-year-old sidekick at toe.)

  We make our departure and (ONCE AGAIN, (I ) and we) arrival, to the parking lot of Wal-Mart, for a five minute (more like ten, fifteen or twenty minutes:**REMINDER, I am at Wal-Mart, but can't a gal DREAM) medicine spree (EXCITING AND HAIR RAISING!).

  Once inside, I managed to bypass the lovely arcade (placed nicely in plain sight, after you crest through the automatic doors), without it eating one of the kids. Lucky..., Oh... lucky me, I only had 2 out of 4 of my sons with me. 

   I then began to spree and wander (that is what I do these days) through the aisles, in search of TUMS, Pepto and Tylenol (the three essential things I need to have on hand these days, apparently), or A.K.A; TPT. Crap..., I forgot the TP.

   After mumbling under my breath a ton of times, "WHY, WHy, Why, why, can't they just put everything where it should go? " I hit the seventh aisle later, and felt I should yell BINGO (I found one)!!!!! Yet, they CAN strategically place the ARCADE in the right place!?!?

  Finally...., after weaving our way around mazes of little boxes and gazing at rows of pills, there I stand, holding a drug store in my hands. I look at the pharmacy line, L-O-N-G; so I peek around the Alps of medicine, and in much hope that one of "the regular" check-out lines are open. Hope... is not on my side, HOPE, is a mile away and it too, also has a  L-O-N-G  line.

   "Well, Ookie Dookie, kiddos!!! We are going to camp-out in the pharmacy line...YAH!!"

   With my fist full of drugs, I stood (note the word - I), while my three-year-old, rearranged prices, the boxes on the self, licked the Dr. Scholls pole.... (YUCK and... OMG....STOP!) and mopped the floor with his body. Not to mention, my oldest son, at his side, wrangling him like a Wild Bronco or a WWE match!!  

    As Mom, I redirected them and refereed every 2.5 seconds, as quiet as I possibly can; it was just one of those days! I clinched my TPT harder and harder, thinking to myself, I might need something off one of these surrounding selves for me!!

   An older, "more mature", lady was waiting in front of me, she smiled at me and said I've been there. She then looked down at my three-year-old son, and looked at me and said, "Aren't you glad there is not two more of those!!" I was not sure if I should laugh really, really hard, or to cry really, really, really hard. I looked at her and said, " I HAVE SIX-YEAR-OLD TWIN BOYS TOO!!"

   Silence never sounded so LOUD!!


That is called LIFE...., EMBRACE IT in its moments and SMILE!! :)


Dana Hunt-Me








 

No comments:

Post a Comment