Sunday, March 3, 2013

Book Vs. Movie- James And The Giant Peach.

Book Vs. Movie- James And The Giant Peach.
                          By: Christian Hunt

                                          

  This project is based on comparing a book to the movie. I have chosen to do, James and The Giant Peach. I have found through this project, that books and movies are very different. Books tend to have more detailed information, whereas movies tend to be shorter, with different ideas and plots.

                                                     

  In comparing the two I found some similarities, but I felt there were more differences. Here are a few similarities. First, the rhino takes James' parents away from him, which leaves him with his Evil Aunt's. Second, the Aunt's characters stay true to their characters within movie and book. Third, James happily lives out his life in New York City in a peach pit.

                                                      

  The differences I found, which I feel some should have not been left out of the movie were; The Cloud Men. I think The Cloud Men would have been more exciting to see in the movie, and I was sad the movie left them out. Second, The Aunt's were killed by the peach rolling over them in the book, the movie left them alive. Last but not least, New york City was a surprise location in the book and the movie based the plot about James going to New York City.

                                                          

  I have learned a lot while doing this project, and I thought it was very interesting to compare the book and the movie together. I feel I enjoyed the movie better because it helped me to place the characters in the book.  I also enjoyed reading the book, especially the part with the Cloud Men. I have to say, the movie left out and changed many things from the book but the movie also had happier moments, making it joyful to watch.

Dana Hunt-Me

2 comments:

  1. Your website is really cool and this is a great inspiring article. buy dvd gilmore girls season 1

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a great resource that you are providing and you give it away for free. I love seeing blog that understand the value of providing a quality resource for free. buy dvd the magicians season 3

    ReplyDelete